Monday, February 2, 2009

Heavenly Mountain

This past weekend was one of the more fun times I can remember as of late. I headed to the mountains with 2 dozen of my closest friends, which is true except for the fact that I had only ever even met 3 of them - and of those, 2 were last week and 1 was only a month ago. For those of you that know me well, I'll give you a minute to process what I have just said, because this was so outside of my usual doing that it's just bizarre, no?
We stayed in a ridiculous house - I mean what house do you know with a full-out fountain in the smack middle of downstairs, just right there in the middle of the hall? It was at the tippy top of a mountain right on the edge of Boone and had amazing views that went on for ages. I heart the mountains.

What I heart even more, though, are fun, real, genuine people. And every single person on this trip was one of those. Really, every last one. It was way beyond fun. And now I have 22 or so new friends, which will make anyone's day.

Outside your comfort zone can be surprisingly comfortable. It's a good lesson. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bec, I'm so proud of you!