Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Just Click Your Heels 3 Times...


(Katie Tison (Baddour) this one's for you...)

I'm not allowed to show pictures of the bride in her dress just yet, but I feel like this one doesn't count. I took her bridal portrait back in November on a PERFECT day at Duke Chapel (thank you 18 degree weather we have now - you can go away at once) and had a blast and I'm quite the fan of the way they turned out.

The flowers are totally from Lowes Foods and I drove them to Durham and stripped them and cut them and arranged them and wrapped them AT the salon while she was having her hair done. I like to think this is just a teensy bit of my mother's floral talent coming through. I can only hope.

The shoes are my favorite. The girl LOVES some Wizard of Oz (love is not the right word - straight-jacket obsessed might be more fitting) so these are her tribute to Dorothy Gale. I totally love them.

The wedding is in 11 days. I feel like the man that counts down for the NASA space shuttle liftoffs should call and wake me up for the next 10 mornings. We're almost to liftoff...buckle up!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

this is one big fat smiley face :)