Monday, March 29, 2010

Lately

I have been missing these girls so badly that it HURTS. I certainly miss them all the time, but for some reason lately it's like I would do anything to have my front door fly open and one of them walk through (because we never knocked) and need to borrow a necklace or want to go to Target or on a walk or need to vent about the mailman or the weather or need help with something for work/school or need back-up on a mission to stalk a boy (TOTALLY used to do this). Or I'd love to fly through any of their old doors, but I don't know the people who live in their old places. So that would be weird. We are trying SO HARD to plan a trip for all of us. But I am in NC, Beth is in DC, Katie and Allison are both in Tennessee, Cath is in Georgia and Ash, for crying out loud, lives in Wyoming. So yeah, it's a little hard and it is making. me. sad. that it isn't any easier to get us all in one place. Spring is trying so hard to pop up and stick around here, and it makes me so badly want to sit out in the grass with these girls like we used to do and talk about nothing and everything all at once. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, we can make something work soon. These girls are proof positive of God so very purposefully dropping 6 random people in one neighborhood and making forever friends out of them (that sounds like some mix of the "Real World" intro and a Hallmark card, doesn't it?) But it's the truth. I know that wherever we are the funny emails and occasional visits will always happen and always make us feel loved and leave us with happy hearts. I love you girls. I will see you SOON one way or another!

3 comments:

KatieKate said...

They miss you, too, Bec :) I'm sure of it.

I do.

Katie Baddour said...

a warning would have been nice. Now Im all weepie at work missing everybody. I want to bust into your apartment and make you go on a walk with me. and then we would go eat mexican food and stuff our faces with chips.... I miss that life

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

I think I will please need to borrow this dress you are wearing in the last picture for a wedding in July. Thanks. :)