Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sweet 6 Months

(Well, this post was supposed to happen yesterday. But, Aunt Becca went out for Cinco de Mayo, as did the REST OF THE PLANET, so when I got home, I was beat. Because "quick Mexican" took nearly 4 hours. Aunt Laura and Mom have already done 6 month posts for Em, but I still feel entitled to do one, so here we go!)
Emmy. You are 6 months old. You are the cutest thing on the planet. I could spend every waking moment with you and never be bored. These are all facts.I can't believe you are already halfway to a year. I feel like you were just born and your dad just called me the second I got to work on November 5th to tell me you were here. I will remember ducking into a conference room at my office to hear all about you forever. I will remember your mom calling me just before leaving for the hospital the night before - she sounded scared to death but tried not to act like it, but I know her better than that.I will remember forever walking into the hospital room in Charlotte to see you for the very first time, perched on your mom's shoulder after eating. You were the tiniest, pinkest little thing, and I was, of course, sobbing. Your mom makes fun of me because I told her the night before that I had laid out my outfit for your birthday, so I would be all set to go to come see you. But it was a big deal! I was so excited that I could hardly stand it. I remember going to a luncheon that day and telling everyone - EVERYONE - there that you had arrived, and proudly showing off pictures from Aunt Laura on my phone.The night that I met you was one of my favorite nights. When I first took you from your mom your eyes were wide open, and as I rocked you and talked to you I felt like you were really listening, trying to figure out who I was. You had LOTS of visitors that day, and I had come later on and could only imagine how tired your sweet parents were. After I had been there for a while, I decided it was time to let everyone get some rest. Your dad was headed in to take a shower when I got up to leave, looked at me and said "I don't know where you think you're going." So I stayed. I chatted with your dear mother and stared at you the whole time.You are so loved. Loved FIERCELY. You make everyone smile - how could you not!? Your parents are so easily natural with you - sometimes I feel like they have had you forever. I knew from the moment that you were on your way that you would be a girl. Your dad is a girl's daddy. He needed a girl first, so everyone knew that one was on the way. Don't you love him?! Your mom was made for this. I've known that for as long as I have known her. I have learned so much from watching her with you, but have not been surprised by a second of it. She is calm and patient and loving and strong. All things that both of your parents will instill in you. And she gets funnier by the day, doesn't she!? We are all so proud of her for that. :)I would walk through fire for you, sweet Emerson. I love you to the moon and back, and will be there for you forever and ever. And spoil you ROTTEN.Love Forever,
Aunt Becca

4 comments:

Kristi Redding said...

I love this! Emerson is lucky to have you :)

sarah_brown said...

What a sweet post!

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

Happy Mother's Day to ME, thank you!!! xoxo (p.s. she DID used to have dark hair, look at that! no longer!)

Stephanie said...

COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would LOVE for you to come to the conference!