Monday, August 9, 2010

Laney the Bride

About 6 weeks ago my cousin, Laney, got married and gave us another chance to get together for a big family celebration this year.  (We had a big time - we'll have it no other way in this crowd!)  In addition to being thrilled to be a bridesmaid in the wedding, Laney also asked me if I would take her bridal portrait photos.  Of course!  So, back in May, Elizabeth and I headed up to Linville, NC for a "session" on the grounds of Grandfather Golf & Country Club.  How do I get so lucky with these locations?

As we were heading up the mountain a crystal blue, wide open, sunny sky gradually gave way to an overcast one. Perfect. :)  BUT, not five minutes (and I am not even lying) after we got inside from the photos, the BOTTOM dropped out. I mean it was raining up, down and sideways, with those huge summertime raindrops that make splats the size of tennis balls when they hit the ground. There are still times that it terrifies me to think about what would have happened if I had pulled her further from the clubhouse for "just a few more quick shots" and been out there even a few minutes longer. Dear me... Not to worry though, we were safe! Enjoy a few shots!

I love that the flowers behind her are purple.  DEFINITELY her color.  Perfect!


Her dress was just gorgeous.  She stopped golfers on the course in their tracks!


Mercy I love some flowers that are just dripping with "southernness"...


Love the water behind her in this one...


Grandfather Mountain in the distance - see the swinging bridge?


The bridges all over the lake on the golf course are wonderful photo spots.


There was just enough pre-storm breeze for a perfect little flutter of her veil.


This one ended up being the official portrait.  LOVE it.


This one is my personal favorite of her.  As someone who grew up with Laney so closely, this one just "looks like her", as my mother would say.  And she just looks so happy. :)


Congratulations, Laney & Nathan!  I love you!

No comments: