Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Happy Birthday, Sweet Ella Bear!

Another big 5th birthday today - this time for Miss Ella!  (She is number 2 of SEVEN of my little ones with a 5th birthday this year.  Good grief.)


Ella, I remember when you were born.  I remember the stork out in the front yard announcing your arrival and coming to bring what is still my favorite ever sleeper from Baby Gap for you to snuggle in while you were still tiny and it was still so cold outside.


I remember pictures of you being plastered EVERYWHERE in your daddy's office after you were born, and I'd always go in and see them and watch you grow.


I started babysitting for you when you were so so little.  You have always loved to cuddle and we would curl up on the couch in the den and read books and sing.  I can remember one night where you were crying from your room and I could tell something was wrong.  I went in and, bless your heart, you had gotten sick in your crib.  I pulled you out, took off your pjs and set you on the rug so that I could change the sheets and you sat in the floor, without a stitch of clothes on, and so very happily flipped through a book and waited for me to finish, not a care in the world.



You have always been so painfully and sweetly shy.  I can remember coming to one of your earliest indoor soccer games at the Y, and you wanted to play but were scared to get out in the crowd on your own.  I took you by the hand and off we went, and there I was, running around holding your hand as you chased the ball.


If everyone could have an ounce of your sweet spirit and infectious smile the world would be a much better place for it.  I love you, sweet Ella Bear.  Happy 5th Birthday!


Love,
Becca

No comments: