Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pray for Sweet Jack


Thursday morning in St. Louis, this precious thing will have surgery to work on the nerves in his spine so that he will be able to take off running to chase his brother/play football/be a wide open little boy.  (That is the short version.  I have of course read up on the very specifics and scoped out the doctor, as I love this little guy more than I can handle).

If you do anything between now and then, please pray.  Pray for Jack, first and foremost, that he will do beautifully in surgery.  Pray for his dear parents and that adorable twin brother of his, and for all of their family.  Pray for the doctors and everyone else in Jack's care.  It's a big day for all of them.  They've waited for it for a long time, hit some speed bumps along the way, and they are ready.

Precious Jack, I love you.  I remember the first time I ever laid eyes on you in that NICU 4 1/2 years ago and ever since then I have affectionately called you my little boyfriend.  Just two days ago you curled up in my lap for some snuggles when I saw you and melted my heart just like you always do.  You are going to do SO WELL with this.  You've got so, so many people that love you and goodness knows you went through more at the beginning of your life than most people will ever go through.  You're a tough one, and that will serve you well.  We can't wait to love on you and Will and your mom and dad when you get back.  Until then feel lots and lots of love coming from here at home - and from everywhere!

I love you, dear boy - 
Love, Becca


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Whitney and i are praying for you Jack. You got this little buddy!

KatieKate said...

of course