Sunday, January 18, 2009

Seeing Double - The Woltzes :)

Meet Jack and Will. Now, if there was just one of these little guys I would be sold on the cuteness. But my gosh. There are two of them. Sure, yes, I'll give you a moment...
I've known their mom, Katie, since I was little. We went all the way through school together in Winston, and now she and her husband, William, and these precious boys live about 8 seconds around the corner. Lucky me. :)
These little guys weren't to make an appearance until fall of last year, but they had other plans and made quite an entrance in June instead at only 26.5 weeks. Early early and they were teeny tiny at right around 2 lbs a piece. But man, does prayer work - I don't know many people that weren't on their knees for this whole family, and they came through it all like champs.
They spent about 2.5 months in the NICU and fought like little soldiers to be able to come home and be a part of a family that loves them more than anything in the world. I got to meet them the first week of August of last year at the hospital and will easily remember that day forever and ever.
Katie got to hold the boys together for the first time while I was there, and through a river of tears I was able to focus enough to get a few shots of such an incredible moment for her as a mom. Hard to top. Really really hard to top.
Jack is the thinker and the laid back one. He's content to hang around and just stare at everything going on around him, doesn't really get upset over too much and falls asleep at the drop of a hat. Will is all shades of personality - quite the little talker and a big flirt. Look out ladies, a little wink from him and you'll be done for. And they both love to snuggle. I love love love snuggly babies.
Katie and William - these boys are unreal - not like I need to tell you that. I, like so so many others, am so thankful that their health is so great now and that you guys are all doing so very well!

2 comments:

KatieKate said...

Bec, the pictures are stunning.

Particularly, Friend, the one with you in it. I am continually amazed at the woman you have become, are becoming, want to become. And, you're gorgeous. I look at the photo and for every reason yell THAT'S MY FRIEND! She ran the BEAD CART!!!

Bec said...

Katie I just DIED laughing in my apartment. The bead cart - the one that had lizards fly out of it every time I opened the doors. And they scared me EVERY time.

You are too too kind. I love all of these kids - truly love them. Don't just think they are cute or silly, but l-o-v-e them.

I am in awe of the woman you are, too, Mrs. Mulder. I miss you!