Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Rock the Blue & Gold

Call me a nerd. I LOVED high school. L-O-V-E-D. I am such a sucker for all of the things like this in my life that make me a total dork, but I don't even CARE. And on that list (I can go into this some other time) is high school. We're talking I have not one, but two Mount Tabor Christmas tree ornaments. (One of which was given to me by dear Wesley, as he always appreciates the dork in me - and I love him for that...) The 4 years I spent there meant a lot to me. Some of the greatest people that I know came from my time there, and I don't take that lightly. So call me a nerd - I can take it.

So, when the time came to saddle up and plan our 1o Year Reunion, you better believe I was all over it. But let me tell you people, getting folks there is hard. People have a lot going on and apparently not everyone loved high school like I did (WHAT?!) So, after MONTHS of planning, everything came together this past weekend.

And let me tell you something. We had a GOOD time.

After having a big fat attitude check on Friday afternoon and telling myself to get over my funk about the folks that didn't come and focus on the ones that did, I was in MUCH better spirits. :) Our first stop was at Fox and Hound for "Happy Hour" and it was a TRIP. Every time the door opened my mouth dropped open. People showed up in droves and it was absolutely, positively hilarious. There were stories of marriages and children and career for a bit, but then we all ended up turning back the clock with some good ole MTH stories that made my stomach hurt.

Saturday started with a tour of the school. This may sound odd, but Tabor is much different than it was when we were there, so we wanted to get a look at what all they had done since our fabulous class left the building. We had some precious Junior and Senior boys as our tour guides, and once we hit the "old" building and started telling stories, we had them rolling with some of the tales that we shared. We didn't start off cool, but just old I think - by the end, though, I think we were fairly cool. :)

That night was the "finale" of the whole weekend - a semi-formal event downtown at Millenium Center, where we actually had our Senior Prom ten years ago. We had a blast there as well, and before you knew it there was a dance party going that still has my back and knees screaming at me. There's not a person there that didn't have a good time, and although we missed the folks that didn't make it, a blast was had by all that were there.It was a ton of work, but it was all SO worth it. I can't wait to see what things will be like in another 10 years for round 2.

And oh yes, GO SPARTANS.

No comments: