Thursday, September 10, 2009

Running on a Treadmill

Sometimes that's what life feels like for me. Just flies by and I can't pinpoint where I've been or what I've done or who I've seen until I sit down for 2 seconds to think, but when does that happen? I THRIVE on being busy busy busy and not being idle, but I feel like sometimes my body is just screaming at me "STOP! Just for a SECOND! PLEASE?!?!"

I hardly listen.

So, since Wes' party, here's what has been going on. At least that I have pictures of. Please fasten your seatbelt, as I don't wait for slowpokes.

1. A visit with Baby Addison
I headed to Shanna and Brian's to see the sweet little one, and he is ALL SORTS of some cuteness. He's happiest to sleep on the chest of the person holding him, with his arms pulled in and his knees sticking out like a little tree frog. I could have stayed there curled up with him all night!
2. Elizabeth & Nick's Engagement Party
My parents have AMAZING friends. They are like extra sets of parents to us, and we know we could call on any of them just as quickly as we could call on our own mom and dad. And believe me, we have. They came together on the 29th and threw one heck of a cocktail party for the bride and groom and family and friends were all there, and we. had. a. blast.
Mom managed to scramble every egg in North Carolina the next morning for brunch at the house. How I do love my family... They are all CRAZY, yes, but I do love them. Because what else can you do???

3. Kenny Chesney in Raleigh
"WHAT?!" you say! Yes, folks, I went to Kenny Chesney. Not one of those crazy die-hard fans (those people, by the way, were NUTS), but a fun crowd was going, and I love love love me some summertime live music. So we packed up the coolers and slathered on some sunscreen and people-watched like I have n-e-v-e-r done before and had a grand time. I had such a massive lack of sleep once this weekend finally ended, but it was so worth it. I don't think I recovered, however, for about 4 days.

4. COLLEGE FOOTBALL STARTED.

(I will give you a moment to wave a flag or sing a fight song or yell at a referee (I am particularly good at the last of those choices...) Whoever decided that "It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year" was best suited as a Christmas song was on drugs. Or didn't grow up in the South. Or doesn't know my daddy.)

(4a) Wolfpack in the House! The Thursday before Labor Day I left work early (YAHOO!) and headed to dear ole Carter Finley decked out in my reddest red to watch my Wolfpack take on South Carolina. We had a great tailgate, I was "pretty good at cornhole, for a girl" (Thanks, Matt) and I even got to take Ryan to his first State game.
We will not talk about the game itself, because there were some sad and frustrated and confused Wufs leaving Raleigh that night...

(4b) On to the Black and Gold at Wake!
(They lost too - whatever, a new weekend and new games are right around the corner....) But we had fun, as always!!!

So there you have it...much more to come this weekend! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Girl, you make me TIRED!
And also, I love you.
And also, you're beautiful.