Thursday, October 7, 2010

Five Little (years of) Pumpkins

I love a tradition.  I am a girl born and raised in the South, and my love of traditions is in my blood.  I love that I get a "heart" every year on Valentine's Day and an "egg" every year on Easter from my parents, a tradition that my grandfather, GanGan, started with his girls years ago.  I love that my mom and her sisters always play the "Sleigh Ride" trio on the piano when we have family Christmas.  And you always know they'll have a laugh attack when they get to the part of the sheet music that has been torn and missing for years. 

So, I also love to start a tradition.  Here's one of my favorites: Every year since Sam was born, I have met the boys and Ann Parke out at the pumpkin patch for pictures and to pick out the perfect pumpkin.  A little thing, maybe, but I LOVE it, and I love even more that they will hopefully always remember that it's something that I did with them.

When we went this past weekend and I was looking at the boys through the camera, it dawned on me that this was the 5th straight year we'd gone.  And then, for some reason, all I could hear in my head later was "Five Little Pumpkins", the preschool song that I remember both of them singing when they were 2 and 3 or so...

So, why not dig up the pictures from over the years? :)

2006 - This one has been in a frame ever since.



2007 - Wasn't really the year of the "picture together"
Definitely the wildest days for Sam - couldn't catch him!



2008 - A warm day at the pumpkin patch!





2009 - The year Spencer had no teeth and looked
like a Jack-o-Lantern himself!





And 2010...  How cute are these two?!



What a difference 5 years makes...


Oh boys, now I am crying...
I love you so much!

No comments: