Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Friends & Babies & Interstates

I have great friends.  I mean GREAT friends.  And I don't ever think twice about hitting the road and burning the miles and wearing myself out to play with any of them when given the chance.  This past weekend was a BIG weekend for doing just that!

Nowadays, a lot of these fabulous friends have gorgeous children.  That means this girl wants to spend time with everyone even more.  I can't get enough of them....  The friends that my parents have always had are such a big part of my life.  They have been there all along the way for me and for my sister.  It's important for me to get to know all of the little ones of my dearest friends so that they will grow up knowing that "Aunt Becca" will always be around for them.  I don't ever want them to wonder who I am when I walk through the door...

So, this past Friday, a whirlwind of hugging friends and kissing babies began!  I took a break from Christmas Card photo taking  (and lemme tell you.....WHEW.  That is wearing a girl OUT.  BUT, these pictures are breaking my heart they are so cute.  Can't wait to share lots of them after the holidays when I won't be ruining any surprises!) and played played played with so many favorites.

First, off to Charlotte as my little Emmy turned ONE.  I know.  I can't believe it either.

Ellen and Terry had some folks over to celebrate with cupcakes and to watch the birthday girl do her thing with a candle and some icing.  She loved it.  Then the 'big kids' took over a giant booth at dinner and had a fabulous time!



"Aunt Becca.  Really. You should put down that camera and have a cupcake.  They are GOOD."


Up the next morning to head back to Winston to the Wake Forest football game (or whatever it is they are playing out there.  It's certainly not football.) with Jamey and Gretchen and their two, Mary and James, who were in town from Bristol for the weekend.  Except James was sick so he was a little pitiful and didn't make it into the photos.  But of course Mary posed with her favorite Uncle Wes for me.


My sweet friend Blair came to town that night to have dinner and spend the night and we took no pictures. :(  But I was so glad to have her here!!!

Sunday morning I hopped back in the car bright and early to head to Asheville to see my friend Katie, who I worked with for 2 summers in college at a Young Life camp just outside of San Diego.  Katie and her family live in Michigan now and she was in Asheville for the weekend for a wedding. 


I hadn't seen Katie in SIX YEARS.  She had her 8-month-old, Gus, in tow, and I had THE BEST TIME catching up with her and playing with him.  It's like no time had passed at all, and I love that.


Since I was all the way to Asheville already, why not keep going? :)  Amy (one of my best friends/college roommates) and her husband Pat live in Hendersonville with their 4-month-old, James, so I had to stop by.  Look at this face - wouldn't you have driven a little further, too???


When I got home that night every bone in my body hurt and I went to bed earlier than most 5-year-olds that I know, but it was SO worth it.  Talk about a weekend full of love.

And stay tuned - Friday I hit the road (or air!) for Nashville when I'll get THESE 3 precious boys all in one place for the first time in over 3 years.


That cute blond thing next to me is getting married and we plan to have a b-i-g time.  I'm so excited I may explode between now and then...

1 comment:

KatieKate said...

Is that seriously what my hair was doing? The whole time? Why did you not tell me? Good thing I had a cute kid with me.

Every time I look at my birdie painting I think of you.

And I love you very much. There will never be 'too much time' passed between us.