Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Happy Birthday to my Viv!

Vivi, now YOU are 5.... 5 going on 15.


I can remember the very first time I ever saw you.  I stopped by not long after you were born and Mommy and Mama Bett came to the door.  You were tucked in your swing in the den and it was FLYING.  You were sound asleep, and, I was glad to see, securely buckled in.  The craziness of a speeding swing being your preference at such an early age should have been a sign to the girl you'd be.


But, I remember thinking that even though you were moving so fast, there was no question that you were just beautiful.

You are, for lack of any better phrase, a hot mess.  You learned at a very early age that you can bat those insanely long, gorgeous eyelashes at anyone and pull off anything you want.
















When you were 2 I took you to dinner at the Loop one night and was quizzing you on things that a child that age should know.  When I asked you if you knew what Mommy & Daddy's names were, you told me that they were "Bobby!" & "Hun".  I knew right then that you were going to be FUNNY.  I was right.




I have been so privileged to celebrate all of your birthdays with you, spend all sorts of other holidays with you and your whole dear family, watch you grow through your cheerleading outfits and tie-dyes at Wake games.  I have trick-or-treated with you every time you've ever gone (as Big Bird, Dora, Little Bo Peep and Batgirl), and I've never missed one of your programs at school.  I remember playing with you and Spencer and Sam at the park the day before Nora was born, and then you telling me all about her when I came to see her for the first time.  Then you offered to let me take her with me when I left. :)






I took you sledding with Daddy for your very first time a few years ago and you LOVED it.  The next time it snowed I took you to Whitaker by myself, and after we wore ourselves out I carried you the whole way home in the snow with the sled dragging behind us.  You recounted our entire adventure through giggles the whole time we were walking and I remember thinking that I would always remember that day.  And I will.


You have your mom's hilarious personality and your dad's crystal blue eyes - and that combination is deadly.  I don't know what boys are going to do when you are in high school.  I do know that they are going to have to beaten away with a stick....or several.


No one ever knows what is going to come out of your mouth.  Just last week when a little friend of yours at your birthday party asked me where my husband was, you didn't miss a beat from the swing next to her and said "Husband?!  She needs a boyfriend first!"  There's just never a dull moment with you Viv. :)



Vivi, the world would be so very dull without you.  My world would be for sure.  You make me laugh ALL the time and I love that you light up and fly towards the storm door to get to me any time that I stop by the house.  You love the people in your life so fiercely and passionately.  And we all love you just the same way.





Happy Birthday, Beautiful.  I love you!!!

No comments: