Friday, January 27, 2012

Happiness

Oh, what a week.  Crazy busyness at work (which is such a blessing, but WHEW) and a million other things going in a million other directions.  But it is Friday.  HALLELUJAH.

But, in the midst of the madness, I look at this on my desk or on a shelf in my den at home and smile.  Is there any way you couldn't?  These people are, pure and simple, my happiness...


Again, 8 very flexible, patient mothers and one fabulous photographer let me bring an idea to life.  Cookie pops brought in from Knoxville, 19 kids ready to roll (and absolutely ADORABLE to boot).  Some medicine I was on had blown my face up like a mylar balloon, which is no fun, but I wasn't about to cancel.  Even 20 minutes of these kids together in one place, and in getting them in one photo, absolutely melts me.  Check out those rock star boys towards the top with those moustaches.  If that's not the best ever...

I sat in the middle of them all that day, mayhem with some of them (someone cries in this situation - it's what happens), jackets strewn all over the sidewalk in front of us, moms wiping noses, fixing bows, handing out treats, cute little blue jeans everywhere...  I just loved it.  It's totally inconvenient for everyone, which I am keenly aware of, but it means the WORLD to me.  Last year's was cute, but this one will likely be framed in my house for the rest of my life.

One day my own children will ask me about who all of these kids are.  I will sit them down and tell them 19 long stories.  About Jack, Will, Spencer, Will, Ford, Jay, Sam, Ella, Vivi, Ben, Sophie, Gabby, Caroline, Olivia, Maggie, Nora, Jack, Will and Lulu.  They are each so different, each have their own very specific things that make them who they are, that make then all so easy to love.  It is one of my absolute, hands down, dearest blessings in life to know and love these kids like I do.  Always will be.



(It should be noted that all hell broke loose (pardon me) after they were given the official green light to eat the cookies once we had the shot.  That blood red and coal black icing running down their little faces was absolutely atrocious.  My request to have them all in white shirts all of a sudden terrified me.  I quickly saw what was starting to happen and got the heck out of there.....  Oops!)

No comments: