Thursday, August 27, 2009

You Say It's Your Birthday...

Sweet, sweet Wes. He'll be 30 on September 10th, but because of football season, my surprise party planning pulled me all the way back into August. It didn't seem like it would be at all obvious to invite him to a function 3 weeks befor the big day that would actually be his party, but I was still worried he knew. Worried someone had slipped, worried he had accidentally seen an invitation on someone's fridge in the meantime...
Not to worry. If he had known, he likely would have gotten there on time. Instead, he went to the office. At 5:30 on a Saturday. It took a zillion phone calls and a brother that's a very good liar (thank you, Justin!) to get the boy there. Nearly an hour after I told people he'd arrive. Oops. BUT, it was definitely a surprise....so yay! We had a fabulous time. Great weather, great food, an absolutely killer birthday cake, and wonderful friends and family to celebrate one of THE best people I know. There's no one else I would have rather done it all for!

No comments: