Thursday, July 29, 2010

Elizabeth the Bride

It dawned on me the other day that I have never posted any of Elizabeth's bridal portrait pictures.  You know, from before her January wedding.  Yikes!

I know I'm her sister, but still, I was thrilled to be asked to do this.  I was also a liiiiittle nervous.  Bridal portraits carry a lot of pressure!  The hair, the makeup, getting into the dress....and then one go at it all to get it right!

I am not a Duke "fan" by any stretch, but anyone who even remotely appreciates an impressive photography location would do backflips to take photos around Duke Chapel.  And you can't just walk right up and do so, either (aside from tourist snapshots).  We were approached by several different Duke staffers during our time there to make sure that we were "clear" to be there - i.e., the wedding must be taking place there.  I kind of felt like a rock star.  Well, one who drives a Honda and doesn't have her own security...

Anyway. :)  Here are just a few of my favorites from that day, way back in November!

Watching her trying to squat in that giant dress was hilarious.


Wasn't she so pretty?


She has our grandfather's (and mother's) 'Beach' baby blues.  SO unfair...


This one is one of my favorites...


Not many girls wear blushers anymore.  I loved that she did.


As we were finishing up the sun was just perfectly over this building right next to the chapel.


I told her to give me a little attitude.  I grew up with her, I knew this was not a foreign concept. :)


Gorgeous archways at Duke Chapel.


Remember, even when you move to Texas.... There's No Place Like Home!

No comments: