Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dear Gabby


Today you (along with a lot of my other favorite people) had your Spring Program at Knollwood.  For as long as you have been there, I have been sitting in the floor every time with my camera, front and center, and the second you see me you wave like crazy and yell my name.  It makes me melt every time.  Please don't grow up.

When I tucked you in bed last night I told you I'd see you tomorrow at school, and you were so excited that you were going to get to do the Macarena and that I would see that you had learned the whole thing.

Work got crazy this morning, Peanut, and I just couldn't get there.  Amy told me that you got to your spot on stage and instinctively called out my name.  And I was not there.  And you noticed.  Talk about a hot poker to the chest!

I WILL BE THERE tomorrow, sweet girl.  God Bless Knollwood for having to do this thing two days every time.

I sure do love you. :)

No comments: