Friday, May 13, 2011

Vanderstina


My big brother - um, cousin, I mean - Brian is getting married at the end of the summer.  He and his fiancee, Christina, live up in DC, so guess where I got to go to take their engagement photos a while back?!


I was so excited to be asked to do this for them.  Grayson and I decided to make a weekend of it, so we hopped a plane and headed up back in April for a fun filled weekend in 'The District' with 2 fabulous tour guides.


(To offer a little clarification - they are collectively and affectionately referred to as "Vanderstina" - a combination of part of his last name and the last part of her first name.  Our own family "Brangelina", if you will...)

Christina is obsessed with The Capitol.  I appreciate this as I feel the same towards the Lincoln Memorial.  This being said, this is where Brian proposed - with our grandmother's gorgeous ring - and where we headed to take pictures.


They will get married on my Mom and Dad's 34th anniversary, which will make the day even more special.  Brian is having all of the boys in the wedding, and Christina, bless her sweet heart, has so quickly fallen right into step with our crazy family that she 'got it' all early on and asked me, Laney and Elizabeth to be in the wedding as well.  The white dinner jackets and the hot pink bridesmaids dresses against the mountain backdrop in Blowing Rock should make for some killer pictures, I must say.  And I can't wait to be in them!


These are just a few of my favorites from our Sunday morning shoot in DC.  Luckily it was a little chilly and also the middle of the Cherry Blossom Parade which was not necessarily close to where we were, so we didn't have crowds to deal with at all.  It's like we were the only people there!


Christina and Brian - I love you and am counting the minutes until the big day!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rebecca-I must say...wow! You did an amazing job! Thank you for sharing. I too am excited to wear pink!