Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Crazy 8s!

Happy Birthday Will and Ford!  You are EIGHT!

And, I feel like I'm about one hundred or so...


You have followed in Jack's footsteps and round out the Morrow crew with more politeness, more funniness (if that's a word) and more kindness than I think I've ever found in one family.  You are both old souls.  I have a very vivid memory of picking you up at Knollwood once and taking you straight to Mayberry for ice cream, and at 4-years-old you both sat right down in the booth, opened up menus (which was funny) and ordered your ice cream with 'pleases' and 'thank yous' and had a very adult conversation with me while we all enjoyed our after preschool snack.



Will, I can remember doing countless puzzles with you in the basement of the old house and you telling me very matter-of-factly the best way to go about the process.  You are such a thinker and I have always loved that about you.  I'm also pretty sure you are the next Michael Phelps.  I've watched you go off the diving board at the pool no less than 29,394 times. :)

Fordy, you were born a 16-year-old and have always run with the big boys.  I can remember seeing you at the pool when you were 3, in water wings and goggles, kicking back with the high school boys and not having a clue in the world that you weren't just as old as they were.  You are always such a cool cat and are always just flat out happy.


My favorite memory of you both, though, was from one of our date nights a couple of summers ago.  I got to the house to pick all 3 of you up and Jack came on out to the car, but your mom let me know that you'd be out in a minute, you were inside putting on some of Dad's cologne for the date.  I thought I might die and go to heaven right there in the driveway.

And, of course, you are just as studly as your older brother.



 Happy Birthday, Boys!  I love you!

No comments: