Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It's a Zoo Around Here!

Every 6 months or so, I get to go to one of my favorite things. Ever. The Knollwood Baptist Preschool music program. This happens every year at Christmas and at the end of the school year, and it literally makes me laugh hysterically and cry like baby every single time I go. I can't tell you how many times I've gone and while there met someone I haven't met before, and they'll say "Which child is yours?" My answer is always "Well, I don't have any kids, actually." Cue an odd look. But, whoever I'm with, be it a mom or dad or grandmother that I'm sitting with, will quickly turn and say something along the lines of "Actually, she's got more kids here than anyone else in the room."
Today was the Spring program at KBP. My favorite part is when the kids get up on stage, turn around, and see people they know. They light up and wave like crazy and act so surprised to see familiar faces in the audience. With my camera (and some pretty sweet parent connections) I usually get to sit right up front, making me pretty visible, and when I get a "BECCA!" from someone I get all emotional. Every time.
Today's play was a zoo theme. Songs about monkeys and ducks and frogs. Even the chicken dance. Who doesn't love watching a zillion little kids, 2 through 5 years old, do that?It was my last time to see Will and Ford up on that stage. Sad sad - all grown up and off to Kindergarten next year!










I have a bunch of loves in the 2 year old class...


Sam, looking cool and tough for the paparazzi during his getaway.
And then I got to head to soccer after work.

First a little time at Jack's game.


Please look at Ford's eyelashes. They have their own shadow. They're beautiful.

Spencer is a soccer rock star. Natural born.The best part? Sam got a trophy for being an assistant coach for the team. Have you ever SEEN such pride???

I love these children. FIERCELY. What a great, great day for Becca. :)

2 comments:

KatieKate said...

Aw, Bec... they're all so cute. You know I totally understand what it's like to have 50 children.

And that photo of you in the banner is awesome. I love it.

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

hmm, that is quite the photo of you in that banner Aunt Bec :)