Sunday, August 23, 2009

Bruce Baby Shower Rewind

I have gotten out of order here...Baby Addison caused me to jump the gun on the last post because I was so dang excited that he was here. :)

On August 9th, we filled up my parents house (again) for a special occasion - Baby Bruce! Kelly, Stephanie and I hosted a brunch shower for the Pea and all that love her, and we had a fabulous time.

I do so love the traditions that I have with these girls. The other 3 do the hosting for the "honoree" - I haven't been this yet, but eventually, when all of their children are in high school, maybe they can hand out programs at my wedding or something. :) I also love, when it was time to get a picture of the 4 of us, no one said a word and we all automatically headed out to the front yard to get in front of tree the that has seen posed photos for proms and homecomings and graduations and weddings and baby showers and everything in between. LOVE IT.

And for the first time, we got one with our moms - these are some AMAZING women. We all know we could call any of the others just as if she were our own and she'd drop everything and come running. And I love that, too.

You talk about not being able to wait on a baby to get here?! Everyone east of the Mississippi may hear me squeal and shriek when sweet baby Bruce gets here in November. Not much longer! Elle, Terry and Little Pea, we all love you!

No comments: