Saturday, August 8, 2009

The Cox Crew

It took about 4 tries for me to finally get the chance to meet up with the Coxes to get some pictures of their 5 GORGEOUS children. First Poppy gave Troupe a battle wound to the face so we had to cancel. Then it rained. Then it rained again. Then we thought once it was going to rain and then it didn't. But then, last night, we finally made it work. And Oh. My. Gosh. I can't get over these beautiful children.

Here they are in order from youngest to oldest:

Sweet Little Piper - only 8 weeks old. :) This girl is very go with the flow. She has no other choice!
Poppy - she is a total firecracker. But she's 2. What else would you expect? She is more of a rough and tumble child than any of her brothers.

Troupe - I'm fairly sure this kid was born to be in front of a camera. What a little heartbreaker. His eyes will make you melt.

Banks - he's too cool for school. Such a great kid, and I particularly notice how much he loves his little sisters and I LOVE that.
Scout - what a stud. He's almost 9 and may be one of the nicest most tolerant big brothers I've ever seen. That takes a lot of work in this crew!

I had just finished a pretty long week at work, and playing with these kids after work on Friday out at Old Salem made all the difference. Turned my day around 180 degrees. Here are several more favorites. Because there were lots.
Precious sisters - kisses for Piper!
Could you just die over her little thighs?!

If someone were to calculate how much time I have spent with children (and I'd love to see that math...) I have feeling I've spent much more time with boys than girls. And in taking pictures of boys, I've quickly learned that all you have to say is "Should we do a silly picture?" and you instantly get this...
That's a little better. :)

I love this of the boys with Piper. Do you think she has bodyguards for life?
Oh Poppy...
While we were out there wrangling the kids into poses, Kris said to me "You're going to put on the blog that 5 is HARD." And I don't doubt that for a split second. But 5 is also amazing. Thanks, Kris and Chris, for letting me spend time with y'all again. I had a blast!

No comments: