Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Birthday, Elle!

This is Ellen - my very best friend in all the world - and today, she is 28. We've known each other since we were in elementary school, right after my family moved to Winston. We've had a million sleepovers, cried over more boys than were ever worth it, and even managed to be roommates for 2.2 seconds one summer in college. She let me be there every step of the way with everything having to do with her wedding a year and a half ago, and short of nearly having to sedate me during the ceremony, I hope that she feels I was more helpful than not. :)

There's a part of me - a BIG part - that just wouldn't be right without Ellen in my life. We're so "Frick and Frack" sometimes that it's scary. We have been asked countless times if we are twins (why do people argue when you give them an answer to that?) and when we say no, they then try to take us to the mat about being sisters. Well, we aren't really, not by blood, but it sure feels that way. She's been there for everything in my life, good and bad, big and small, and I can't imagine it any other way.

Happy Birthday, Dear Friend! I sure do love you!

3 comments:

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

Thanks friend :) I sure do love you too!

KatieKate said...

SUCH a great picture of the two of you...

Karla said...

She looks more like your sister than your sister does. ;)