Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Loves of My Life


If I had to take 10 people onto a desert island with me, these two would be at the top of the list. They make me laugh harder than anyone else and are the sunshine of my days. I could write a novel - two novels - about them, but here are just a few quick thoughts...

Spencer is almost 7 and is quickly becoming smarter than I am. I've known him since he was 2 and I've loved him ever since. I love how excited he gets when I pick him up from school (this is because I am well known as the after school Milkshake Queen, but that big smile makes my day none the less). He dips everything in ketchup and may very well turn into a plate of chicken fingers and french fries one day if he's not careful. He knows that I will always always rub his back when I put him to bed, giving me an instant head start when he has to pick who will tuck him in. If he really gets the giggles he puts his little hand in front of his face and makes my heart smile. He gives me dating advice (you heard me) and is a natural at every sport known to man. I heart him.



Sam. I mean look at him. I met this kid when he was carried in the front door from the hospital nearly 3 years ago and he has had me wrapped around his little finger ever since...I have a feeling he always will. He loves the ladies and is quite the preschool stud. He does a little dance and comes running when he's glad to see you, and it is so cute that it will make you hurt. He eats a chocolate covered donut face first and can recognize any Josh Kelley song about 2 notes in. I love that he can kill a bowl of black beans and that in his school play last Christmas he saw me from the stage and came flying over to give me a hug before going back to sing his song and ring his sleigh bell. This little guy has my heart on a string.

I thank their mother for letting me be there so much as they grow up - I'd without a doubt want her on that island, too!

No comments: