Thursday, November 13, 2008

There's a Mouse in the House


I rather enjoy all of these mice. How can you not love Stuart Little? Who didn't root for Jerry when Tom tried to kill him 48 times an episode? And what person on the planet doesn't think Mickey is the greatest?

Two nights ago I met a mouse that I do not care for like I do all of the friendly NOT REAL mice above. Sitting at my home computer, minding my own business, when a funny tickling on my B-A-R-E foot revealed a mouse under my foot. Right there, fur-to-skin! How I made it through that without having a coronary I am not sure... Had there been a hidden camera somewhere I could have won a zillion dollars on America's Funniest Home Videos, but it would have needed to have been a muted clip as the language used was not, *ahem*, family friendly.

I made it to higher ground (my bed, thank you) and did what any girl would do: I called my daddy. I have no shame - I DON'T DO MICE. Whilst on the phone the little creep came scooting out of my bathroom. Great, the place that I use to get clean has now been mousified.

Off to Home Depot to what is the grossest display of advertising graphics ever. Whoever has to design the images for rodent control product packages should probably be on constant suicide watch.

I decided on a lovely enclosed mouse condo (meaning that I will not have to see/touch the nasty thing) and was on my way. The checkout lady said "Oh no! You have a mouse! What are you going to do?" You see what I'm buying, lady - I'm going to kill him.

The traps have not worked yet. The peanut butter last meal hasn't coaxed him to his demise just yet. But I hold out hope. The best part - the package from the trap says "Please dispose of dead mouse properly" So, I hope to invite you all to a very nice rodent funeral very very soon...

1 comment:

The Bruces (but most likely the Mrs.) said...

I bet if you had gone to Lowes instead, your mouse would be caught. That's what you get, traitor :)